Quick note on Worship

8:19 PM / Posted by David Montenegro /

Worship was amazing last night. The best we've had in a couple of weeks. Every week run around like crazy trying to get everything set up on stage and everything practiced before we go on. We always pray before we play on stage. But this week was a little different, and I think that's why worship was so great last night. I felt we were rushing around too much (By "we" I really mean me) so I called everybody together to pray. We prayed instead of running through songs last night. We weren't 100% comfortable or confident with some of the songs and I knew we didn't have time to practice and pray for a long time, so I chose to pray for long time.  


Sometimes we just have to stop what we are doing (even if that is serving God), just for a minute, and submit ourselves in prayer to our God and Saviour. To refocus, clarify, Glorify our Saviour.

We had to get our hearts right before God, to come to him in praise and thanksgiving in prayer before we did with music. Otherwise doing worship is just simply music, not worship. In some ways worship is about the state of the heart, about our humility towards Him and our reverence towards his presence. We serve an amazing God and I can't stop being thankful to Him. 

Be Blessed, Love ya'll, 
-David

0 comments:

Post a Comment