"Hold my Heart" by Tenth avenue North

12:38 PM / Posted by David Montenegro /

This song is pretty much where I am right now. If you want to listen to it, here it is (Hold my Heart MP3), and press the fast froward button till you see this song title.
Love ya'll,
David

"How long must I pray, must I pray to You?
How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long 'til I see Your face, see You shining through?
I'm on my knees, begging You to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father will you turn to me?

One tear in the dropping rain,
One voice in the sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin' heart?
One light, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart

I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away before I say goodbye.
But if there's no other way, I'm done asking why.
Cuz I'm on my knees, begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees, Father will you run to me?

So many questions without answers, Your promises remain
I can't sleep but I'll take my chances to hear You call my name
To hear You call my name


Hold my heart, could you hold my heart?
Hold my heart."

5 comments:

Anonymous on July 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I have come upon your blog and randomly read your inspirational words.

I have a question perhaps you can answer.

You're fasting in hopes to get an answer from God. When you do get your answer will God actually speak to you? Will you hear His voice? Or will it be more like your conscience leading you towards a certain path? And if it is more like your conscience, then how do you know it is God and not just your conscience?

My conscience tells me to do and go for a lot of good things and I do attribute this to God's will, but it is always telling me to go for it. For instance if Job A is available my conscience will tell me go for it, then Job B is available my conscience will tell me go for it, then Job C is available my conscience again tells me to go for it. My conscience is always telling me this is the job for me. How do I know when I'm hearing God's voice?

Its a very complicated question, perhaps if you get a chance you could answer it and I'll follow up.

Thanks.

Comment by David Montenegro on July 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Hello, thank you for commenting on my blog! I've been working on a full reply to your questions, so I'm sorry for the delay. I should have it finished by the end of the week, hopefully within a couple of days. Thanks again and check back in a few for my full answer.

Anonymous on July 17, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Thanks...I'll be on the look out for your response!

Comment by trueseeker on July 18, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Dude!! I didn't even know you had a blog!! Anyway, I love the believerwith1questions's question, because growing up with know that God spoke to his people, I never really knew how that happened. My personal experience with that has been that if the Lord is the one that is actually speaking to me about something, not only will my 'mind/conscience' think it, but he will ALWAYS confirm several other ways in what I read in his word, hear in a message, advice I receive from someone I trust, etc. I know you are working on a response, so I hope I'm not butting into that, but I just wanted to share my experience with you. Love you, sobrino!

Comment by David Montenegro on July 19, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Hey!!! You're not butting in at all. Thank you for sharing your experience with this! I totally agree with you on what you said. God does always confirm what he speaks to us, He's cool like that :)

Post a Comment