9:34 AM / Posted by David Montenegro /

Worship went well on Wednesday, or at least it wasn't horrible. It's times like these that I wish we had more time available to practice. Everybody has a hectic schedule, so it's hard to carve out 3-4 hours out of everyone's week. Our drummer even plays in 3 separate bands, he's crazy ( crazy good drummer too).  I have to remind myself  that we're not able to put all our time and effort into the music, as the majority of professional bands can do. So I shouldn't expect for us to sound like a professional band , right? Unfortunately I'm pretty stubborn , so no, I do expect for us to sound better than any other band out there. We have to keep on pushing ourselves and our schedules. The quality of our sound is directly linked to the quality of our practice. I get really frustrated sometimes (most of the time.... okay, almost all of the time) that worship doesn't sound as good as it should. I hold myself and the band to a very high musical standard. I can hear how the music should sound in my head, but it's another story to make the band actually sound like that. It's just a matter of hard work and time well spent. Well, here comes another weekend to practice. We'll give it all we got. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment