2:08 PM / Posted by David Montenegro /

Today's worship night. I lead worship at a small college group every wednesday night. I look forward to it every week, and it's stressful as junk every week too. Worship last for about 30 minutes every week. But it takes the band about 3-4 hours of practice, and me 2 or 3 more hours of prep time(getting music for the week, tweaking arrangements, creating power points that we use on laptops as sheet music, finding videos clips, etc). It's all worth it, I love doing it. I'm glad God has provided me a stable job that just takes up my days and I can devote my nights to music. It's hard as most of the time I come home tired and uninspired, so I just push myself. I believe that some day I will be able to create music for a living, but I'm far away from that day right now (and that's okay). I never plan to get paid to play for a church(nor have I ever), I know biblically a worship pastor has the right to get compensated financially for his work...but that's not how I roll. It's my personal conviction that , if at all possible, the leadership in the church should not burden the congregation financially. I think the modern church has made a horrible name for itself always asking people for money. I refuse to add to the enemy's ammunition against the church and God's people. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment