2:28 PM / Posted by David Montenegro /

I pray randomly though out the day just like the many christians do today. But sometimes, I wonder at the casual way that we approach God in prayer. I mean, would we speak to him like we typically pray if we were actually in the throne room of God? I feel like I sometimes don't show God enough respect when I pray. I see this lack of respect as me tending to forget the reality of the situation. The situation being that the infinite God of the universe is taking time out of his day to listen to me. At the very same time, we have every right to talk to him like a close friend. Jesus called us friends of God. It think it's critical for us to come to him in prayer unashamed and just as we are. I just have to remember not to loose sight of his holiness and majesty in light of me being able to "be me" in front of him. His grace and understanding towards us does not take away from his awe inducing splendor as He is Lord of all. 

1 comments:

Comment by Sarah on June 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM

Very interesting. Sometimes I wonder if I come to God too "personally", or I should say selfishly. Like, "Hey, God, can you help me here, or do this there. That would be great." I'm trying to focus my prayers more on Him, rejoicing in how amazing and majestic He is rather than just running off my checklist of needs.

Post a Comment